Form Lock Plugin for WordPress Download Manager helps you to lock your download with a form so that users need to fill and submit that form to get access to download. As sometimes, you may need to collect data from visitors before they get the download. This add-on will link WordPress Download Manager Downloads with the forms built using popular WordPress Form Builder Plugins.
WPDM – Form Lock plugin supports the following WordPress Form Builder / Contact Form Plugins:
- Live Forms – The Best Form Builder For WordPress
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
- Formidable Form
And if you are missing any form plugin that you are using which is not listed here, let us know.
Usage ( How to Ask users to fill a form to get access to download ):
- Install any form plugin mentioned above and create forms as per your need.
- Special Step for Gravity Form Only: Add a hidden field and use this tag
[wpdm_package_id]as a default value, the tag will be replaced by package ID automatically when rendering a form.
- Go to Add/Edit Package Window
- Select Lock Options tab in Package Settings Metabox
- Check Enable Form Lock
- Select Your Form from DropDown
- Check the “Email Download Limit” option if you want to email a download link instead of showing it instantly
- Publish/Update Package
Now, when someone wants to download the file, he/she must fill the selected form to get access to the download.
Form Lock Option Screenshot:
Form Visibility Settings: